Tuesday 26 May 2015

The Other Side

Winter was on mist hanging. It was cloudy and gloomy day. We were returning from Phuntsholing to Thimphu with his new SUV, BMW X5. He gently manages to press on the music player button to play his favorite list, ‘nge thimphu-by misty terrace’ was the first song. I was struggling to pull cork of the wine bottle ‘la Crema’. Balancing force and tension with bumps on road, I finally opened. Cheers to your new car boss, I raised my glass to kiss his.
It was 7:15 PM when we reach his place. Both of us gathered near heater with bottles of foster. And he went into kitchen to get glasses for us.

His phone beeped, displaying ‘Yangsel- text message’. Oye! Sangay some one call Yangsel messaged you. As soon as I called him. He rushed from a kitchen with wai wai and maggi not with glasses. He unlocks his phone, and focuses his eye lens blinking very curious.
“Common dude, its party time lets enjoy” he said to me. He went outside and brought some more foster, it made me little curious about the message. We again cheered for another round of fosters with pigs intestine. This time both of our face displayed maroon, like a ripen pumpkins. It sensed something is wrong with him, actually he never drinks that much! It made me ask him what the problem is.


“Last year summer gila, I was returning from my tour, from investigation case at Trashi Gang. Early morning, it was raining and I was first one to board the bus. Slowly, all gathered and got settled with respective seats. But my seat mate, showed no sign. Driver horned angrily, and it made to asked him to wait a little on-behalf of my seat partner. Few minutes later, a girl banged on the door! She was completely drenched in rain. Driver asked her, ‘ausa nan gila mo seat number 11 ga’ nope she replied. My sister is going so I came to drop her, in instance her sister came and she sat near me and waves her hands to her sister. Eventually we marched to Thimphu.

At first it made me irritate and angry, but she was a complete stranger to me and can’t say anything to her. I too wanted to tell her that I asked driver to wait for her. She was gorgeous dude, amazing morab, her smile is breathtakingly awesome and her scent still lingers within my nostrils. Till Chazam, both of us were buried silent. Suddenly she broke silent, ‘I was late right?’ I answer, yap few minutes late. I could see her, the feeling of sorry of being disobedient. That made her cute and more beautiful. I offer her candy and she exchanged with ‘thank you, Atta!’
Another round of silence, we reached Mongar. I thought it’s my turn to break silence, I offer her window seat if she is feeling not well. She said, ‘I am ok here’. And it made me little uneasy. I asked her details of going to Thimphu and finally learned that she is a final year student of Royal Thimphu College and her name as Yangsel.

I was in love with her, she knew I am employed and made her to accept my proposal. (Using slang) I thought she is in love with me, she isn’t. Dude these days girls just need money, and when their purse if filled they change their SIM-cards. Be careful Yenten!”

Shit! Yangsel, the one messaged him right now, how could she do that to him. I know my friend; he is deeply and madly in love with her. I told him to call and ask what the problem was. He denied, and showed me message.

‘Sangay! Sorry to tell you. I think you are not the one for me, I tried to keep hold on but it’s very difficult. I know it will hurt you, but I must tell you right now. I need to go away from this garden, some garden deserves better so I need say good bye!! Sorry once again’

The modern era, modern girls and advanced style of letter writings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment