Monday 4 May 2015

Great Indian Plains to Mountains – Part I

It wasn’t my ambition and plan too. In my country youths has to carry beautiful set of academic transcripts or else they land up in nowhere. The story attacked my seniors and ultimately the decision was on their hands. So they pushed me and I land-up pursuing engineering. My friends told me I am placed somewhere in India, I am neither happy nor sad, was just feeling uneasy of moving ahead.

National Institute of Technology, ALLAHABAD! Was a college I am going to attend, my parents told me “NITs are high graded college in India. You will be sitting with friends scoring more than 90s”. It didn’t either inspire me or I wasn’t worried about it a bit too. My mindset was just trying to battle with notion that, my career is going to be different then what I wanted to be, area of interest will have to change though it isn’t late and to start a new, but probably it will take time to consume into it. The style of imagining things, worshiping and in fact life! is obviously going to be in another zone other then I use to be comfortable. This heavy list started igniting and combustion pledge to ruin all.

With jumbled motivation they sowed in me and confused inspiration, it let me think a little sometimes. Days folded to weeks, weeks turn to months and it was time for me to say good bye Bhutan.
It was early morning sometimes in autumn; Thimphu was very busy as always. Birds were singing very happy helping to harvest few endangered paddy field in Capital city. Dogs were busy dancing with sanitary pads and reading all letters from pits. Students were busy with books walking so abnormally fast and for a second, it took me all way back when I used to be in high school.

I was reading in class 12 science ‘A’, somewhat extreme east of nation, at Khaling. I used to snore sitting last bench most of the time in dzongkha classes and I got beautiful wang (blessing) from my teacher too. We used to turn pages and finish a text within an hour when exams are on doorsteps and expression used to change and today I saw students wearing that expression so humble and innocent.

Lungtenzampa, an old Bhutanese tradition bridge still strongly hang on two banks. People believe in receiving blessings are lucky sign on long venture, and I was fortunate to be pass by the blessed bridge and blessings would be enormous. I walked blindly and step down from other end of bridge to reach bus parking.
Bus terminal, one of the busiest spot, and you will witness people wearing different kind of look. Some are happy may be they are meeting their love ones, some are sad may be there dear ones are going away from them. By the way who will be happy of me and sad of me, I got no one to drop me. Within a light of my thought my new friends came, laughing lively they got their parents with them to wave for them, but my parents are far away.


We shook our hands, talked and cracked few high school jokes. Most of them are from west and only few of us from east, I remained silent but super raced within. Of course I was feeling sad by then, and missing my parents and home badly. I made myself comfortable at last seat of the coaster and we headed to Phuntsoling. Music has always been my companion and I played whisky lullaby by braid paisley for Thimphu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment